Veranstaltungsort: Bethesda, USA
The European Federation for Early Medicines Development (EUFEMED) organises the symposium at the ACCP Annual Meeting 2016.
Co-chairs: Hildegard Sourgens, MD, PhD, President Elect, European Federation for Exploratory Medicines Development and Hartmut Derendorf, PhD, Distinguished Professor & Chair, V. Ravi Chandran Professor in Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Florida
Target audience: The target audience includes healthcare professionals who are involved in the research and development of biopharmaceuticals/biosimilars, regulatory affairs (competent authorities; pharmaceutical industry), pharmacovigilance and/or biotech start-ups.
Goals and Objectives: The goal is for participants to learn from the European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) 15-year experience in biosimilars and assess if similar concepts can be adopted in the US.
Following completion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate the primary contribution of analytical comparability and its meaning for clinical development;
- Analyze the European experience with respect to clinical and nonclinical development programs, approval success, post-marketing performance and the failures of European biosimilar programs (as far as these can be made public);
- Develop the impact of pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics to detect differences between a reference medicinal product and a biosimilar;
- Demonstrate the safety of biologicals and biosimilars based on the European experience;
- Demonstrate the discriminative power of analytics and pharmacokinetic and/or pharmacodynamic profiles vs Phase 3 trials.
Please find further details on: